Friday, July 18, 2008

What's Your Word or Phrase?

Have you ever thought about what word or phrase you would use to describe yourself?

Like if we were to describe certain cities, states or countries in one word maybe these are a few examples of what we'd use;

Austin = Active
New York = Success
Michigan = Depressed
Amsterdam = Quaint
Paris = Stuffy
India = Prayer (per the book I'm reading)
Rome = Sex (per the book I'm reading)

In attempting to find one word to describe myself, it was difficult. Instead I found two phrases that really seemed to sum me up (at this time in my life), those are...

"Butterfly in Chains"
and
"Fallen Angel"

As for one word, maybe..."Lost!"

Butterfly in Chains represents how it feels as though I'm ready to fly away towards the unknown, following my passions and desires, fulfilling as many dreams as humanly possible, exploring the world, and ultimately finding myself again - but the chains of life have a hold on me and so I sit here in chains like houdini trying to pick the lock and free myself.

Fallen Angel represents the amount of effort and the amount of years I had passionately put towards being as perfect as God intended me to be, then a decade later having all that hard work come crashing down on top of me. I have officially fallen - but I still know I have an angel in me that will figure out how to get back up and become the woman God had planned me to be. So I've only fallen for a moment - but will rise again in due time.

Lost represents how I'm torn between the two phrases above.

Butterfly in Chains + Fallen Angel = Lost

It's amazing how much you realize about yourself by just searching for your "word". Just when you think you've found the word, you think harder about it and realize there's an even better word. Here's to you and finding the word that best describes you at this time in your life.

Sincerely,
Lost

No comments: