Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"My" Bucket List

I'm not a huge television viewer these days due to the chaotic schedule of trying to finish up school, but on a calm summer night a couple of months ago I decided to pick up the TV remote, click "Videos on Demand" and selected the movie "The Bucket List" - for a little light entertainment.

It really got me thinkin'...

Since I am definitely a dreamer or according to the Myers-Brigg psychology test - and idealist, it felt as though my brain was so consumed with ideas that I almost boiled over in the moment! All of my passions, thoughts, and ideas started to run rampid throughout my body and mind - I haven't been able to turn it off yet. One minute I'm a quilter the next minute I'm doing sales tax accounting.

Just for clarification, I've been this way long before I watched the movie, but the movie sort of turned on a switch and has forced me to organize every idea I had, and ask myself, "what is my bucket list?"

So basically I thought I'd share my list of things I'd like to do or achieve before I kick the bucket!

Enjoy!

1. Teach English Overseas (1+ years)

2. Get my Masters in Education

3. Live in a highrise condo downtown

4. Experience military bootcamp (interesting I know)

5. Create photo quilts to make a difference (for orphanages, melanie safka, etc.)

6. Start a school for children that teaches "life skills" (money mgmt, building credit, etc.)

7. Go to the North Pole (haha!) - I've always wanted to meet Santa in person;)

8. Interpret songs in sign language at a church

9. Get back my Irish heritage (long story...)

10. Play Comptine d'un autre ete on the piano! (and meet Yann Tiersen in person)

11. Teach special ed children (this is my retirement idea...)

12. Travel to Ireland, Poland, Australia, Italy, Greece, Spain...and so on

13. Drive a stock car on a full size motor speedway!! Living life in the fast lane!!!

14. Act in a horror movie

15. Read more...

16. Love more...

I could go on forever - but this is a good start;) I'll add more as they arise...

So, what's on your bucket list?

No comments: