Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Quotes from Dr. Smith (Business Professor)

I'm currently taking a boring International Business course, and the only way I survive is by surfing the net on my laptop, blogging during class (like right now), and checking FaceBook (of course).

Although the boredom level is extremely high - every so often Dr. Smith throws in some interesting comments, non-international business related, that I've really enjoyed.

Some quotes include;

"Your natural gifts energize you!"

This meant something because I feel like I desire a career that works with my passions, and even though I haven't quite achieved that point, I strive daily to get there. I found that quote motivating since it reminded me of my goal - to eventually be doing something I LOVE!

"All things are either coming to you or receding away from you."

After hearing this, I thought, "what a simple way to understand the events and obstacles of life"! Think about it - you could categorize your entire life into "coming" or "going" - WOW, that's pretty simple!

"The lightest light and the darkest dark come together at the center of the picture, ALWAYS!"

Dr. Smith was talking about how he paints and how artists see things differently, then he said the above statement. I took that statement, pondered it in my head, reworked it to form a type of analogy, and here's what I came up with;

In the darkest moments of your life (aka - where it feels like the "end"), it may actually be the beginning of the lighter part of your life (aka - the "new beginning").

Maybe your darkest moments bring about the most light!

So...

If the point where the darkest dark meets the lightest light creates the focal point on a painting, then maybe we could say that the most focused part of your life, is where the dark presents itself as a sign that the light is about to begin. A sign that things in your life are about to become clearer than you've ever seen!

So, next time you feel the darkest moments overcoming you - just remember the light is right around the corner, and it'll most likely be brighter than it's ever been!

BOOYAH!!- how's that for gettin' deep?? HAHA!

Sincerely,

~The Dark One (who's seeing a glimpse of light!)

No comments: