Thursday, May 29, 2008

Do You Know Larry?

Ok, turn on your imagination switch and keep an open mind. Do you know Larry? You do, you just don't know it yet;)

Here goes...

Picture a HUGE library with shelves full of files (instead of books) reaching all the way to the top of a 40 foot ceiling, in a building as exquisite as a library you'd see in a Hollywood film (at least that's how I like to picture it). These shelves are along every wall and almost every open space in the entire building. Each shelf section has its own fancy cherrywood ladder that is used to retrieve files beyond arms length. When you walk in the door of the library and see this phenomenal display, you will also notice a large front desk with a man sitting there looking exhausted yet alert.

This is Larry, the man responsible for all of your thoughts, dreams, ideas, and even brain-farts on occasion.

Have you ever had a moment where you're about to say something and you forget what it was (aka "brain-fart)? Well, here's what happened (this is the part where you imagine)...

Larry hurries to the ladder, climbs up it as fast as he can (because it's time critical info), finds the file, opens it and splat! - he drops the file and every paper inside falls to the ground, gets mixed up and out of order. There you stand, stumped for what to say. You keep saying "It's on the tip of my tongue...hmmm..." then you start to move on to another conversation when DING! you remember what you were about to say! That's because Larry has reorganized the file (quick-like) and found the information you needed. Thanks Larry!

What about when you dream? Well during our time of rest, Larry is still hard at work, but now he's busy archiving old useless information to make room for the new. For example I've had dreams that make no sense - it's like someone (Larry) took a bunch of random crap, put it in a pot, mixed it up and made a story out of it. (*Pretend Conversation*) "Hey, Susie I had this weird dream - I was driving my car when all of a sudden a cowboy was riding on the roof screaming "yee-haw", then as I looked out my car window to see what he was doing, I was sucked out and immediately started to fly through a sky full of flowers...WHAT??!!! This is a perfect example of Larry taking the thoughts you don't need anymore and giving them one more chance to prove themself important before tossing them in the trash. Thanks again Larry!

I wish I knew how to give Larry a pay-raise to trash the tons of thoughts I've had lately, that way I could reduce the amount of time I keep analyzing and re-analyzing life (aka - making Larry run around the library like he's on methamphetamine's)

Now, do you know Larry?

No comments: