Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Living Life Through Music

Are you one of those types that relate all of your interests, emotions, dreams, motivations, happy-times, sad-times, and all other times in your life - to music?

I am.

It's facsinating how music can articulate your feelings in a way that arranges them in perfect order - like a puzzle, completed. I like all music (even the stuff you're embarrassed to say you know - like Miley Cyrus...haha!), but my favorite music comes from artists that use a deeper level of thinking and that create a beautiful picture of these feelings!

I've noticed that at different moments in my life there have always seemed to be a theme song.

1. In highschool I would say my theme song was "Sunshine Day" by the Brady Bunch probably because I was young and felt like I had a sunshine-type personality - at least that's what people told me;) So this wasn't too deep...haha! Shit, I was still a kid for God's sake;)

2. In my early adult life (16-20) my theme song was "Never Ever" by All Saints - had an a-hole boyfriend (the brainwashing young girls kind of guy) that used me as his doormat - and I was too young, nieve and nice to notice - well until 4 years later when I said "Peace Out A-hole!...good luck with your next young, nieve, nice prey!"

3. From about ages 21- 24 it was "Spend My Life With You" by Eric Bennett - because I got married at 23 and this song described exactly how I felt leading up to the wedding and during the wedding (and of course after too).

4. From about ages 25-28 there were a couple songs that were used as my theme, they were "Let's Get It Started" by Black Eyed Peas AND "What You Waiting For" by Gwen Stefani - I was focusing on motivation, exercise (running), becoming a better person in general. I was looking for any songs that created motivation - the "YOU CAN DO IT" type music. Those types of songs can move me for miles;)

5. My current theme song is "Wild Horses" by Natasha Bedingfield (she re-did this song, but it's awesome!). This song bascially takes my feelings and lays them on a platter for everyone to see and understand. This is the only song that can calm the pain in my stomach and head. Other songs that fit into my thoughts these days (on a more fun, day dreaming level) are "Into the Ocean" by Blue October (as you already know from an earlier blog I wrote), "Ticks" by Brad Paisley, "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" by Big N Rich, (this just in) "Just a Ride" by Jem....basically anything that reminds me of who, and what is currently playing in my head.

So, what is your current theme song?

No comments: