Thursday, June 5, 2008

Forgot About Swings...

So, I went running last night and after about 2 miles I decided to walk for a moment while I passed a nearby elementary school. As I was passing by, a song called - "Just a Ride" by Jem came on (haven't heard it before). Then I notice that the song was saying "life is just a ride, it will always have it's ups and downs, and you can't ever get off" (which means a lot currently) - then at that exact moment I turned my head to the right with a numb stare, and as I panned to the right - BAM! my numb stare turns into one of feeling and my eyes get fixated on a set of swings standing lonely in the park.

So...

Randomly I thought, "I use to love swinging as a kid, I wonder if I still do?" So of course I had to try it out...haha!

So, there I am swinging on a swing, alone, facing the main street in the neighborhood (in other words tons of cars are driving by), and just about every car driving by, and every person walking by would take a look - probably thinking "look at that bored, lonely soul swinging alone at an elementary school park" or maybe they were thinking "look at that hot mama swinging on the swings"...haha!! - and so to drown out the people staring and driving myself crazy thinking about what they were thinking about me, I just closed my eyes, listened to "Just A Ride" and enjoyed the feeling of the wind through my hair - and the feeling of weightlessness. I had a GREAT time! Dorky, maybe? Don't care! Adults should swing more often, alone - it really is peaceful once you close your eyes and enjoy! Next time I feel like a need a little piece of mind - you know where you'll find me - swingin'!! (but in the back of the park this time to avoid all the people...haha!)

When's the last time you've hopped on a swing?

No comments: