Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Neither Here Nor There - or anywhere!

First, enough with the debbie-downer entries I've written!! F#*$ sadness!! I'm over it!! (at least for today...haha!)

You know what I've realized being married has it's downfalls, but from the many single people I know, single life has it's downfalls too!

Being married is great in ways such as; you have someone to share your "life" with - someone who can understand almost every one of your emotions, knows every inch of your body as if it were their own, there is never an uncomfortable silence, you make twice as much income (haha), you have someone that is willing to rub your back forever (not all the time, but when it happens it's nice not having to figure out how to do that yourself), etc.

Although, I haven't been single in almost a decade I know many friends/acquaintences that are single, some have always lived in the single world, and some have become recently single. I don't think I've heard any of these people say anything good about it. They only show frustration, confusion and lonliness...with a bit of some good partying on the side to spice it up.

This is not only heard from women but also from some men. Is this what men think sometimes, "instead of putting all that work into another human being it's easier to just meet a girl, woo her, get laid, then stop. Wow, must be easy for men - or is it? Not sure. Not saying women are perfect, they do their fare share of hurting men - but since men don't fall head-over-heels as easy/often as women do - we notice mens wrong actions more often.

Here's an example story of someone meeting a new "guy";

"Tammy, look at this guy, isn't he hot!!" "Hell yea!" I reply. "We've been talking for a little while now and we seem perfect for each other". "That's awesome!" I reply. "So why do you think you two are so perfect?" I ask. "Well, we have soooooo much in common!" "Like what?" I ask. "For example, everything I like he says he likes too!" Whooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-nelly...STOP right there!

This is where you have to stop and realize that liking the same things is ALWAYS the case in the beginning of the "potential relationship". It's like when a male bird stands tall and ruffles his feathers in front of the female to impress her or woo her - it's two living things working with the laws of attraction. You've gotta put on some kind of show in the beginning to get the girl to even take a second look at you.

This is why they say you never really know someone until about 2 years down the road - you may know enough about them sooner if their NUTS!! haha!! Usually if the person seems awesome and they can still manage to be awesome for 2+ years then - if you've ever liked the idea of marriage - it would be safe to say that you two probably have a good fighting chance of making it work.

I have had the strongest marriage known to our circle of friends, I know this because people would always stop us to compliment us - but as I've experienced recently - even the strongest marriage can start to fail if it's not taken care of appropriately. That's not to say it can't be nursed back to health, but that's probably the true-ist test of the strength of the relationship.

Coming from a married woman (me) I can say there are parts of being single that sound appealing like; do what I want when I want with no reasoning as to why, I can have quiet time when I want it, etc.

But, then there's the part where it's an idle Tuesday, I'm lazy feeling and just want to snuggle with someone, and they're not there - and may never be there - and that's a pretty crappy thought or situation to deal with. I can see how it would be nice to be alone when you "want" to be alone, but what happens when you want to be with someone - do you go out on the town and meet the next pecker looking for a hole to camp out in, get woo'd too far, get laid, then go home feeling even worse than you did when you left your house. It's all seems so perplexing for singles.

Of course men are seen as a stud if he whore's out his "goodies", but women are sluts - what kind of stupid shit is that!!!

Men go home after a night like that and think "hell yea, look at me, I'm the man! I can always get a girl to screw...woohooo!!

A girl goes home thinking; "wow, if he would just call me back and show additional interest then I won't feel like a slut, I'll feel like a girl trying to have a relationship".

Now you see why girls want you to call back - they can justify their actions if he continues being interested. So guys, at least go out with her one or two more times, then let her go - this way she can justify to herself and anyone she's told that she tried to make it work, but it didn't.

Men and women are clearly different creatures, but they're different in the perfect way! That's why we long for each other.

To all you singles out there; everyone wants to feel attractive (male or female) and the opposite sex is great at making us feel that way - so it's not all bad that we're impressing each other in the beginning - if all you have ultimately is the beginning, at least you had that moment of feeling really attractive and good about yourself.

Hey, maybe that's why some people always stay single, because they like the initial attraction so much that they don't want it to get old...hmmm?

Just thought I'd blab for a while. If you were bored - so what! haha!

No comments: