Monday, June 9, 2008

Crusties...

It is so interesting how everyone's brain and emotions create different reactions to things in life. The subconscience never fails to amuse me. I'm sure you've noticed yourself or someone else having a strange way of doing certain things - and you think "why do you do that?" Some people may call these instances - pet peeves OR hang-ups.

I'll admit I have a few;

One was pointed out to me last night. I finished my dinner and was craving a glass of ice-cold 1% milk. So...I grab the milk out of the fridge, grab a cup from the cupboard (or...cabinet), popped the lid off the milk jug, then discretely blew on the opening of the jug.

My sister-in-law starts busting out laughing and says "I thought you were about to take a drink from the jug!"...then I explained to her that I would never drink from the jug because of how disgusting it is! I mean, does she realize that the rim of jug opening is covered with little white crusties!!! I guess not. Then I clarify that I was just blowing the disgusting little crusties off the opening so they wouldn't fall into my milk.

Although I logically know it won't kill me to have crusties in my cup of milk, psychologically it grosses me out. Watch out for the crusties next time you poor your milk!!!

I guess we all know that I could never be a contestant on Fear Factor. They'd say "Ok Tammy, it's your turn. You've got 10 seconds to drink this glass of crustied milk - ready, set, go" which is then my opportunity to say "I'M OUT!! and you can shove that $50k up your (blank)!!!

A few others;

Eating my food in order (is it so horrible that I like to enjoy each individual item separately?)

Checking behind a shower curtain in an unfamiliar bathroom (some weirdo could be enjoying the sound of people using the restroom...gross!!)

Putting on the toilet paper roll so it rolls off from the top (duh! thousands of hotels know the right way, so maybe you should, haha!)

Folding the clothes as they come out of the dryer (not chunking the pile of clothes on the couch or bed and letting them get completely wrinkled - if you pull them out fresh and hot, then you'll save yourself the hassle of ironing - get it?)

What are your hang-ups?...and don't say you don't have any (because you do).

No comments: